From the time we were old enough to watch television, the first movies we watched were all Disney productions. Mulan, Cinderella, Snow White, and the rest of the Disney characters have been a source of fascination for us since we were little. All we ever wanted was to go to Disneyland and meet one of our favorite Disney characters. Samuel MB is a cartoonist that illustrates what it would be like to spend his days with Disney characters. He creates entertaining and insightful images that show us a connection between the actual and imagined worlds, which is a fascinating concept!.
1. Nobody’s going to eat that now!
Samuel developed an interest in creating these cartoons after he saw “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” a comedy by Robert Zemeckis.
2. ” Why would you do this kitty? Bad cat!”
3. What a creative way to keep the animated kids entertained!
In an interview, Samuel was asked how he creates his masterpieces and his reply was:
“The first thing you need is a good photo idea. Sometimes I am doing everyday things at home and suddenly I am inspired to create a photo. Other times, inspiration comes to me watching Disney movies. When I know what photo I want to create, I just have to use Photoshop and create magic. The first thing I do is find the frames I need in the movies to create the characters. Then I take the photo in my house with my camera, and later I introduce the characters created in the photo using Photoshop.”
4. Imagine Belle singing, “we wish you a Merry Christmas!”
5. Awee! Get well soon Captain!
6. If only we could have a Christmas like this!
7. The facial expressions make everything so much better.
Samuel takes photos of himself in carefully staged stances and humorous emotions. For the most part, the images depict simple but funny encounters between the Disney and real world.
8. Nobody likes the fact that he is eating broccoli…
9. Oopsie! Looks like someone snitched on Mulan.
10. Just a normal day at Cinderella’s house.
Samuel was asked what he thought was the hardest aspect of his job?
“The biggest challenge with these photos is creating good lighting and shadows for the characters. If you do that right, it seems that the characters are with you in the scene. The most rewarding thing is seeing people’s reactions when I post a photo. I like to see that something that I have created is liked by so many people.”
11. The morning after Halloween!
12. The editing, the details, and the colors all blended to make a perfect world!
13. Doesn’t Tinkerbell look absolutely adorable!
14. Snow White has got herself a helper.
15. The best partner to dance with.
Samuel has posted hundreds of his pictures, and when he got asked whether or not he gets bored about his job he replied with:
“I am still inspired because with each photo I create, I learn something new. I like to learn new things, and I still have a lot to learn. Creating these photos helps me improve my Photoshop skills.” And his answer to why Disney? “I think Disney knows how to create movies with charismatic characters, unforgettable songs, and stories that make you forget your problems and live for a while in a world of magic and fantasy.”
16. This is one of the most adorable pictures.
17. “Chomp! Chomp!”
18. Beauty and the Beast’s personal hairstylist.
Samuel alongside his artistic creations is also a primary school teacher: “My students have seen my photos and they have a lot of fun with them. Sometimes when we watch Disney movies in class, I show them my photos first so that they see that I am friends with the protagonists of the film.”
19. Awee! This is super cute!!
20. “I told you guys to take umbrellas!”
21. Saturday night vibes!
22. Growing up together!!
23. The attention to detail is spectacular!
24. “1, 2, 3, and shoot!”
25. A brilliant car chase is about to take place!
27. Rafiki and his hilarious antics!