Fatherhood is a sacred and important responsibility that comes with a lot of challenges and uncertainties. However, many dads have found that the best way to navigate the ups and downs of parenthood is by injecting some humor and wit into their advice and quotes. From clever one-liners to silly anecdotes, dads have a knack for offering advice that is both hilarious and surprisingly practical.
Jimmy Fallon once took it to Twitter to ask people what’s the weirdest, funniest, most embarrassing thing their dad has ever said to them. The post was surely going to go viral and it got a lot of responses from people all over the world. The respondents used two hashtags to create a big chain of responses, or in Twitter terminology; a thread. The hashtags were #DadQuotes and #Dadvice.
We decided to dig deep into the thread and came back with some of the funniest pieces of advice and quotes from dads that can help us navigate life’s challenges in a more lighthearted and enjoyable way.
Whether you are a new parent, a seasoned dad, or just someone looking for a good laugh, these practical and amusing insights from fathers are sure to put a smile on your face.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. You can only expect such a pun from a dad.
2. Truth is always bitter. Sorry, Ed.
3. A rock-solid advice.
4. I really want to know if the dad regretted his decision or not.
5. Sure will, dad.
6. The dad is not wrong if you think about it.
7. I like that one…I really do.
8. He probably meant life-saving medicine. What drugs did you think of?
9. You never tell your dad not to embarrass you. The next thing he will do will be just that.
10. He knew you were going to get hit. He knew you sucked.
11. Some things get incorporated into daily conversations so well that you never notice them until someone points them out to you.
12. That one must have stung hard.
13. I learned how to catch pretty quickly because you were planning to break my skull into 1000 pieces.
14. To be honest, you deserve that answer.
15. Tara, you will never make a mistake while driving again.
What are dads? We will never know. All I know is they are the best comedian one could possibly wish for. It’s like a first-seat ticket to a comedy show every single day of your life. What else could you possibly ask for? It’s just that the show doesn’t seem as hilarious when the target is set on you, but the hilarity is at its peak when the aim is set on your siblings. That’s when you enjoy these moments a lot.
Luckily for us, the aim is not set at us and we are here for the laughs. I am fully getting them and I hope you guys are too.
Let’s enjoy some more dad quotes and advice. Scroll down below to continue!
16. Traditions are to be followed, right?
17. I will be sure to use the referral.
18. Dads are always right.
19. Stop, they can’t handle it.
20. I am going to call receipts “ghost of money” from now on.
21. Dad wins the pie for this one.
22. You are darn right.
23. This is the level of confidence I require in my life.
24. And the couple didn’t talk for the next 2 days.
25. I can almost hear the kids scream “Come on, Dad!” after that pun.
26. That was too direct.
27. Maybe that is the real reason, Robin.
28. Your existence is a much bigger worry, son.
29. Disown your dad and run.
30. Man, he deserves an award for that one.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more!
The owner fired the groomer after seeing his dog.