Cats are often seen as aloof and independent creatures, but any cat owner knows that they are capable of showing great affection and love towards their human companions. While cats may not express their love in the same way as dogs or other pets, they have their own unique ways of showing their love and appreciation.
One of the most common ways that cats show their love is through physical touch. Cats are known for their love of cuddling and will often curl up in their owners’ laps or snuggle up next to them in bed. This close physical contact not only helps to strengthen the bond between the cat and the owner, but it also helps to release feel-good hormones such as oxytocin in both the cat and the human.
In addition to cuddling, cats also love to rub up against their owners. This behavior is known as bunting and is a way for cats to mark their territory and show affection. When a cat rubs its head or body against its owner, it is leaving behind its scent and marks them as part of its family. This behavior is a sign that the cat trusts and loves its human companion.
And then it’s just the things that they do which are the sweetest, most wholesome moments one could possibly think of created…and cats do it so effortlessly. It’s these adorable moments we all live for, it is these moments why humankind is still alive. Without cats, we wouldn’t have entered 2023…things would’ve definitely ended centuries ago for us.
Today we are going to celebrate this wholesomeness and sweetness that cats have filled out lives with by enjoying some of the most adorable cat moments. This will go on to show that even if you do not have a cat, they still make you feel like they are your pets…That is the power they possess.
Scroll down below to enjoy some proper wholesomeness!
1. “I had covid two weeks ago and one of my cats was by my side 95% of the time. My other cat would just come and check up on me making sure I was still alive. The picture is of my kitten who stayed by my side”
Via Eva DeJesus
2. “My cat Sophie sleeps with me every night. She always starts up by my head and purrs to me until I fall asleep, then snuggles next to my stomach. If I wake up in the middle of the night she comes up and purrs me to sleep again.”
Via John Lee
3. “The way Winslow snuggles and looks adoringly at his dad.”
Via Janice Poole
4. “This little girl never sat on me. Then all of a sudden she started to. Found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks later. Currently over 17 weeks now and she always sits on me when I sit down”
Via Abby Anderson
5. “Peewee is a major cuddle bug.”
Via Bryan Garrett
6. “My little Stevie Nyx sleeps above me on my pillows. One night I was in a lot of pain and she rested her head on mine until my pain was gone. I don’t have a pic of that but I have one of her.”
Via Julianna Griffin
7. “Cuddling with me under the covers. She’s always there when I’m sad. Hunter loves her mum, even if it is mostly for warmth and treats. Spoily kitty”
Via Meg Victoria
It is important to note that not all cats will express their love in the same way. Some cats may be more vocal, while others may be more reserved. Some cats may prefer to show their love through play, while others may prefer cuddling. It is up to each individual cat to decide how they want to show its affection.
But one thing is for sure, they all will show love. They love doing it. They fully understand and realize the love their owners provide them with, and then pay back their gratitude in their own unique ways. That’s what I love about cats even though you don’t think they do it, they always acknowledge the love and support they get. I wouldn’t mind if my cat tears my $1000 couch apart as long as it truly loves me because a cat as a companion is far better than most humans I know.
Let’s enjoy some more sweet and wholesome cat moments. Scroll down below to continue!
8. “My Bonnie wraps her paw around my finger and pulls it closer to her. She’s very cuddly and we almost never go a day without snuggles”
Via Maddie C Walls
9. “After my emergency surgery she stayed like this most of the day when I got home.”
Via Roger Tarre
10. “My Zeke head-bop’s me all the time, he always wants pets, and he loves to sleep on me. He’s healed my heart from losing a previous fur baby.”
Via Terra Strain
11. “Cuddling me (that’s my arm and shoulder!), pretty much at every opportunity. When I come home from work, or a long day out, he is the happiest boy to see me. It’s all cuddles. And at bedtime too. He’s one of the most dependent, affectionate, needy cats I’ve ever had.”
Via Margaret Johnson
12. “She’s slept by my side each night for the last 6 weeks, while her other human was in the hospital. It’s been terribly stressful and I’m convinced she knows I need the comfort”
Via Robyn Madden
13. “While I was recovering from having my neck fused. Freya would gently lay across my neck and purr. Almost like she was protecting my neck. At night if I moaned in pain she would come over and gently biscuit the back of my neck as if she was massaging me. That was 3 years ago, and to this day she still protects my neck.”
Via Nikkie DeFranco
14. “He became a housecat for us. He was previously an indoor/outdoor cat that we rented. The owner passed away suddenly and his daughter rented to us. When she decided she wanted the house back, we were heartbroken that the cat would stay with his home, but we wanted him to be happy. Apparently, staying was not his idea of happiness. The landlord called us to come and get him because he was not a good fit for her. He seems perfectly content at our new house as an indoor-only cat. He took to a litter box well. He loves sitting in the windows to watch the birds and squirrels. He gives us tons of purrs and snuggles. So glad we’re part of his happiness.”
Via Dawn Peters
15. “A couple of years ago I twisted my ankle digging a car out of the snow. When I came in I sat down and put my ankle up. My cat watched and could see I was in pain so he jumped on the chair and laid across my ankle. It hurt at first but after awhile of him purring on my ankle the pain vanished. My boy healed my ankle because he loves me.”
Via Sara Baerlocher
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more!
“Meet CJ (Colby Jack), the Iraqi stray that adopted our platoon.”